Need mascara recommendation

I have oily skin, and no matter what brand of mascara I try, it always ends up in a line in the crease under my eye. I haven't worn makeup in a while and was thinking about starting with mascara again, but I don't know what brand. I have had this problem with clinique, lancome, and maybelline...is there another product that is better at staying put? I get tired of having to constantly check the mirror and wipe under my eyes to keep from looking like a raccoon. This happens whether I wear liquid base, powder, or no makeup at all. Your recommendations are appreciated, especially if you have had this problem too!

getrealmama

Asked by getrealmama at 2:02 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?src_page=product_list.aspx&level1_id=300&level2_id=301&pdept_id=312&dept_id=0&pf_id=30926

I use that and I LOVE it! I only use waterproof!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 2:06 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Try a primer under your eyes before you apply your make up, I used to have the same problem and ever since I started using primer it is all but gone! There are a few out in the drugstore brands, but I use one from BeautiControl, it's clear and I love it!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:06 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Have you tried waterproof mascara? I find that it helps with undereye smudging a lot...in fact, I kind of hate it because it stays put so well, I can't get it off! LOL. I really like the Avon mascaras, especially Wash-Off Waterproof. It doesn't give the huge "kapow!" that some of the really thick, goopy dark drugstore mascaras do, but it always goes on really even and nice, and never gives me raccoon eye. Plus it's only like $6.50 so you don't feel like you're breaking the bank if you try it.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 2:10 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I used to have this problem myself. Now I use Mary Kay and I love it. I also have always had trouble getting my makeup off because I have extremely sensitive eyes and the only make-up remover I can use is Lloreal but i get a good clean with the Mary Kay.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 2:10 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Try MAYBELLINE Lash Stylist Comb Waterproof Mascara - with volume plus lift, Sculpts extra thickness, Contact lens safe or look for other waterproof mascaras that wont run
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 2:12 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I've got oily skin too. I like Maybelline XXL Studio Pro Extensions. It's a 2-step process in a black and gold tube. Takes a few extra seconds in the mornings, but if I get lazy and don't wash my face, it'll stay on for 2 days. Never creases up on me. I tried the Lash Stylist stuff (that Congenial suggested); all it did was make my lashes look like big clumpy spikes. :(
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 11:32 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Sei Bella has wonderful mascara - (this is Nicole Miller's natural line) - I usually can only wear water proof because of the same reason you mentioned - I actually am able to wear the regular mascara with this line and have no problems - I can only imagine how great the waterproof one stays put! I also have sensitive eyes and have no problem with Sei Bella. Please let me know if you are interested in trying it.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 12:21 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I agree with first pp's suggestion
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara
    erinweiss

Answer by erinweiss at 10:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2010