Can't sleep...

I can't sleep on the weekends. My husband works from 5am to 1130 pm on Sat. and Sun. He needs his rest so badly on Fri. and Sat. nights that I find myself too afraid of disturbing him to got to bed and no matter how I try I get too much nervous energy to fall asleep on the couch. Unfortunately this means that I pass out from 5 am til nearly noon and my parents cover for me when my daughter gets up. I wish I could find some way to get some sleep these nights so my schedule isn't so messed up.... any thoughts? (I won't take meds.)

GoldenLinds

Asked by GoldenLinds at 2:03 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Health

• Do something you really hate or like to do and then, make yourself tired doing it. Plan on doing bills, balancing your checkbook, cleaning out the car, cleaning the house, organizing the closet. and eventually after a few weekends..... you will decide that sleeping sounds like a great idea.
    My Mother taught me this and it does work. Using psy 101 on yourself.
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 4:55 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Try Melatonin (it's not meds) it is a natural sleep remedy that your body already makes.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 2:21 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I agree with Congenial.......
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 3:02 AM on Sep. 12, 2010