How do I get my 3 months old on a better sleeping scedule?

He sleeps SO good but it's during the morning and day. He can already sleep 6+ hours but he just wants to sleep all day and stay awake at night and in the wee hours of the morning. Do I wake him up earlier and keep him up as much as I can or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• start with every night at 8:30 put on some classical music, give him a bath in johnson bedtime bath, when out lotion him down real good with johnson bedtime lotion, then rock him in a chair as you read a book together, at the end of the story give him his last bottle for the night. He should be passed out by 9:30.
    During the day keep him awake until certain naps times. mine is 10am and 1pm. And for example, you pick 1 for each day, after lunch make a routine there too. Eat, clean up, and then put on a movie or classical music and lay down together. It may take several nights... or a week or two of this... but Im sure it will work. My LO, by 4 months, was going to sleep at 10 and 1 on her own. She is 6 mo now and at 1pm, when i keep my nephew (almost 2)... i put a blanket over two kindermats in the living room floor and they both lay down on their mat and go to sleep.
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 1:56 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• My baby is also 3 months old! I try to keep him up during the day maybe allowing a couple short naps..At night around 7 or 8 pm there is this thing called an infant feeder at walmart i mix it with 2 ounces water 1 scoop formula, 2-3 tablespoons rice cereal and half little jar or squash or sweet potatoes..it helps my baby to sleep better at night sometimes for 7 or 8 hours at a time..i know they say not to give ur baby food or rice cereal till about 4 to 6 motnhs of age but would u really get full just drinking milk all the time? i think it helps to fill them up and keep full longer...GOOD LUCK!!!!
    aydensophia0408

Answer by aydensophia0408 at 1:59 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Babies have no nutritional need for anything besides breastmilk or formula until they are 6 months old. And their digestive systems aren't fully developed until them and their little tummies can't handle food. Why are you in such a rush to give your child food? So that you can get a few more hours of sleep? Ugh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

Agreed.  And you should never wake a sleeping baby, or shorten naps.  Babies will sleep better at night when they get on a good daytime nap schedule, but don't rush it or try to force it.  Part of being a mom is adapting to baby's schedule, not forcing baby to adapt to yours.  It just doesn't work that way.   Hang in there!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Are you co-sleeping?
    Babies sleep so much better at night when they're near mama, and are kept warm..
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 3:45 PM on Oct. 16, 2008