What would you do?

My dad and his family really want us to move to Iowa to be near them. The only thing holding me here is my wonderful church family. I don't want to leave them. My husband can transfer his job up there. So it would be a good thing. But i am split. What should I do?

Katie911

Asked by Katie911 at 10:14 AM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• That is such a hard question and such a wonderful problem to have. How lucky you are to have sooo many people who love you. We moved across country from our church friends 8 years ago. We still see them and write often. It is possible to continue these really great relationships. good luck in making this decision...you are soo lucky!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:20 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Decisions like that are very hard to make. Maybe try a list of pros & cons. I personally would go where my family is, you still can maintain a healthy commited relationship w/ your church family from afar. That's what vacations are for!!
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 10:57 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• You can never have too many friends. What a blessing to have a loving church family where you used to live, and a new loving church family in your new home town.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Ppl come into our lives for a reason and a season. It's possible that your church family was a gift from God so you can learn and grow. Maybe it's time to use the gifts of the spirit you have acquired and take the spiritual lessons learned elsewhere and spread the Word. What good is learning of God's teachings if you are only going to stay in a safe harbor and not be a fisher of men? It may be time to let go of the dock and sail.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:01 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I'd move! What a great opportunity! You will find another church that you like! There are good people everywhere if you look in the right places! Good luck!
    CandaceHalfhill

Answer by CandaceHalfhill at 11:04 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Do you think other's from church wouldn't move for something better? Sounds High School to me. Say your kid wants to go to the same university, because their firend will be there. You would let them? Uh, People do grow up and move away. There are always other churches to go to. You have to do what's finacially best for your family. Sorry Yes your church is there for you, but won't always pay your rent for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I wouldn't move I'd stay where you are at. Start a fund that will allow you to go visit him on a quarterly basis. Visit him for all the major holidays. I guess I wouldn't move until I knew I could move paying off everything where you are at and have the money to get settled with out a HUGE set back.
    sewsewbusy

Answer by sewsewbusy at 1:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I would move, we are contemplating it at the time to have a chance at our marriage. I love our church but our Pastor would understand.
    KITZYNIK

Answer by KITZYNIK at 1:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2008