SEXLESS MARRIAGE ANYONE?

THIS MAY BE THE MOST AWKWARD QUESTION YET FROM ME. BOTH MY HUSBAND & I ARE IN OUR EARLY 50'S. THERES NO DOUBT WE LOVE EACH OTHER. 10 YEARS AGO HE HAD OPEN HEART SURGERY. I REALLY DONT KNOW HOW IT ALL CAME ABOUT.

ANGEL570

Asked by ANGEL570 at 2:14 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Health

• Gosh girl, I feel for ya. I would, however, consider yourself lucky to have someone to love. A relationship cannot be based on sex. I can live without it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My father and mother in law have not done the deed in about 15 years. She is about 55 and he is 65 I believe. They are very loving with each other. He has had a few heart surgeries and I also know that her menopause has something to do with it. (We have a very open family) Don't feel alone!
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:22 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• You know what marriage is not all about sex. You can be married and not having sex. My husband and I hardly ever have time for sex. But just bc we are not having sex very often does not mean we don't love each other. I love my husband very much and could not imagine our lives without him in it. So the answer to your question is that there is nothing wrong with it.
    mistym31

Answer by mistym31 at 2:24 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Can he have sex? Are you struggling with not having sex? I'm sorry I don't really understand what you are asking, can you elaborate a little more. Thank You
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:27 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• have you guys ever tried "acting like teenagers again" you know kissing for a long time..take a shower together? go out on a date and come home and try to get all sweet with eachother till you end up in bed? im pretty young and i know that things are totally different after a few yrs of being in a relationship..but if you think about how you use to be and try that...it always makes it fun and brings back the good times...even if its just for one night....other than that i think its sweet when people older than i am cuddle and hold hands ....sex isnt NEEDED if you can live without it and still have a good relationship/marriage your the luckiest person in the world.....other things you can try though is massages...slowly touching eachother....think about when you were first dating and laugh and kiss about it...etc
    momOF2Girls0710

Answer by momOF2Girls0710 at 12:18 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• the same thing happened to a friend of mine. it makes her feel very sad. she loves her husband dearly and is so happy that he is alive, but she still wishes they were intimate the way they used to be. his medication really made him change.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2010