How should your husband show you that he loves you?

There are five languages of yours what is yours:

http://www.afo.net/hftw-lovetest.asp

Words of Affirmation
Quality Time
Receiving Gifts
Acts of Service
Physical Touch

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 2:28 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• All he has to do is do the dishes on the days he stays home with the kids. Oh and have a friendly attitude...thats all I expect. I do not appreciate gifts and romantic things. I am not normal.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:31 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Mine tells me all the time, almost to much! I would prefer action...not physical but in the way he supports his family, provide security.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 2:35 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Our language includes all of those. He says he loves me a throught the day and before we go to bed we say it. He hugs and kisses me when he leaves and when he comes in. He helps me a lot around the house and with the kids. And he buys me little just because gifts from time to time. I can feel he loves me because his actions back his words. It really would not mean as much without the actions.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 2:38 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• He says he loves me a lot, which I admittedly never expected. I was of the mindset that most men don't like to say it, but he said it very early on in our (short!) courtship and has said it every day since then for 7 years. I know he means it. The weird thing is, I finally realized that he shows his love when he's being a butthead too. LOL. Like when he gets cranky over watching the kids for an afternoon, or flips out of the smallest thing I say over the phone, it's because he's upset that I'm gone. We are very much best friends and could spend every waking second together. As an odd side effect of that, we fight more when we are apart. I enjoy the physical touch aspect, but I have to be the one to go after him for a hug. He's very much the verbal type.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 2:44 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• It's the little things like helping around the house and just remembering things I like and being a hard working father and husband. I don't expect or ask for much just the little things.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 2:49 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• All the above

TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 3:27 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• the way we interact with each other, not the gifts, which are nice, but just collect dust on a shelf
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:18 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I actually went to a seminar about this, both my DH and I are Physical touch, the most common love language.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:02 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Mine is definately physical touch. When my husband touches me everything inside me feels right. He's learned to put his hand on me when we watch tv and hold my hand when we go to sleep. It means a lot to me.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:13 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• great book! mine is words of affirmation and acts of service and maybe receiving gifts but it's not ALWAYS necessary just nice once in awhile ;)
    pmg1030

Answer by pmg1030 at 7:17 AM on Sep. 12, 2010