Do you have a dance ministry at your church? Do you dance?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 2:31 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not at my church but in the area. Its total crap. The dance teacher can't even execute a single pirouette. I'm just appauled that people are paying her money to teach their children just because she calls it a ministry. If you want to give them dance classes, give them dance classes. if you want them to learn the bible, go to bible study. If you want to dance in your church go for it but this particular "dance ministry" is just insulting to any real dancer.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 2:34 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Yes, but it a group of couples who do it once a month for an outing. It is all ages and all types of music for about three hours. They provied sitter services, refreshments, and it is all in good fun. Lessons are available as well as partner pairings for those who have lost their spouse. I guess when i think of it, It is like a social club. We have went maybe twice as a couple, and I have volunteered refreshments, and been the partner to some very nice older men while getting my toes stepped on a lot. LOL
    It can be a good thing if done right.
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 3:44 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Not yet but we will come January or so have a Creative Arts Ministry which includes dance. Do I dance? Not like the pros do but I do during worship.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:49 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i love to dance...dont have a church home...but visit family members churches time to time
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 3:56 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My family members dance in their church. It is more of a performance and expression dancing.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 10:29 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• We occasionally dance in Circle.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• we dance unto the Lord, that's the only dancing going on in our church :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:10 PM on Sep. 12, 2010