When did you get your drivers license?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 2:50 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I got mine when I was 16. My dad waited until Halloween day for me to get it, because he said it was the scariest day of his life
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 2:58 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• At 16
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 2:54 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• 16
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:58 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• At age 16. two weeks after my birthday and after the official permit waiting period. Today is such a longer waiting period for the official license. I understand the caution as a parent, but I know if I was a teenager how frustrated I would be. So many schools have done away with Drivers Education. Of course, this causes insurance rates to go higher unless you dish out the extra for a course outside of the school system that use to be free and required. I remember how much fun it was teasing each other about our driving in that class, but I think it made me an excellent driver. He was a great Teacher! My Mom was sure glad she didn't have to do it. I am proud to say no tickets to date or accidents. I better start looking for some wood....uh??? Great question, here is a bump.
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 3:02 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i was very late getting mines...it was at the age of 19
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 3:16 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i was 17
    gemmax

Answer by gemmax at 3:34 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• 19 years here too. I went behind my mom's back and took lessons and even PURCHASED a car. She wouldn't help me because she felt I didn't need a car since we live in the city and could take public transportation. But I had a baby already and it sucked taking her around town on the bus. She never had a driver's licence herself. Now, years later, when there are budget cuts that affect public transportation she is always saying how much better her life would be with a car. Go figure.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 4:01 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I was also 19! I went to a boarding school and wasn't able to get into the driver's ed program. Then I did taskforce work overseas the year after I graduated. I came home and started college, and FAILED my first driver's test. I was SOOOOOOOO glad when I finally got it!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:04 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• 16 years old
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 4:21 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I was almost 19. Long story short, parents wouldn't let me drive enough to get it, so I didn't get mine until after I got married and pregnant.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:24 AM on Sep. 12, 2010