can you concieve while having an ovarian cyst?

i found out about a month ago that i have two large cysts on my left ovary. my dr. said that it will have no affect on my eggs or future fertility...

my ? is can i concieve WHILE i still have a cyst? have any of you gotten pregnant while having a cyst during/prior/after conception??

sarahkaystone

Asked by sarahkaystone at 2:01 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• i think so...as long as you ovulate
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 2:41 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Yes you can it is possible i struggle from cyst and i might currently be lol but anyways only thing is the cyst can cause you not to release a egg sometimes
    xaviersmamacita

Answer by xaviersmamacita at 3:04 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Check to see if you are ovulating. Sometimes when you have cysts a person will not ovulate. I deal with ovarian cysts and I found out I didn't ovulate. The doctor stuck me on clomid and I conceived right away.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 9:07 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I had a large bleeding cyst measuring larger then the ovary itself that disappeared around the same time I conceived- so it is very possible I conceived while the cyst was still there. My obgyn told me, knowing I was TTC that, that kind of cyst is not related to fertility...I think it depends on the "kind" of cyst you have. Best of luck TTC!!!
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 12:13 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I'm pretty sure you can, I don't know what type of cyst or size that you have, but my ovaries have been and still are literally covered in small cysts and they were that way when I concieved my twins. So long as you are ovulating you can still concieve.
    cs_1498

Answer by cs_1498 at 6:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2008