Do you still use a landline phone?

In our city, there is no cell, cable, and internet service. Only landline, cable, and internet or landline, dish, and internet. The cable provider dominates the area.

At our house, we use our cell phones. Of course, dropping our package plan made our cable provider raise the rate since we were no longer taking the package. Now, they are offering an incentive for us to reconnect and our internet, cable, and LANDLINE PHONE package will LOWER OUR BILL BY $20 EACH MONTH.
What would you do???????

JOCKEYP2PMOM

Asked by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 3:11 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Home & Garden

• yeah..but i jus use it for the internet...oh yeah and lets not forget the bill collecters...LOL
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 3:14 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Yes, because cell service isn't that reliable.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 3:19 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• If it really lowers the bill then I would take that deal. But if you can get rid of your cable and just do DSL and get a land line and use the cell phones sparingly even consider a pre-paid plan, that would save you the most money. I would look at all the options and do the calculations.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:20 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• We have a package deal, land line, cable and cable internet for $150 a month (which for Alaska is good) With the amount of Internet we use we cannot find a cheaper plan. So yes, we still use a land line and we are getting the best deal.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:30 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Wait, if you don't have cell coverage, how do you get by? Why wouldn't you want a landline?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:44 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Yes I say go with the land line; especially since your bill will be cheaper.

We recently moved and while we were trying to get our services transferred, we were offered a package for cheaper and we ran with it.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 3:56 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• If it's going to lower your bill and you want to have all of the services, take the deal. I don't have a landline phone because we can't afford it. To have just a landline phone is about $70 a month here. To have landline and internet is about $90, maybe more. We have a Straight Talk cell phone ($45 a month for unlimited everything) and internet (somewhere between $25 and $30 a month, I can't remember), so it's a better deal to that around here.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:21 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I would do it. We have cable and internet on one bill cause we both have our cell phones so why have a landline. Know we just got info from out cable,internet provider that they will do all 3 for $100.00 so we are thinking about just doing it cause ofcourse it would save us money but i wouldn't give that number out cause i can be reached on my cell phone at all times.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:37 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I would if it would lower my bill. I haven't had a land line since I moved out of my parents house at 17. I have lived off of cell only for 9 years. I have cable internet and I do just fine.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 4:38 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• is this "deal/price" going to change after a certain amount of time? If not and this is how much its going to be then sure take it, you get more for cheaper!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 4:44 AM on Sep. 12, 2010