my son is 3. whilst eating mainly in the morning he has this persistant cough whilst eating sounds like something is stuck and he is trying to get it out! can any1 help any ideas?

coughing in children

gemmax

Asked by gemmax at 3:31 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would say you really need to get an appointment with your doctor. Try to get an appointment in the morning and take some food and see if your doctor can observe this. Good luck.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:39 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• call the doctor, my kids are on this syrup cuz she's got this dry caugh. its sinus related he my have the ame thing. my kids have been on zertec since they were one.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 6:15 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• What is he eating? Sometimes dairy can cause so much mucus (especially in kids that have a diary sensitivity or asthma) that can make it sound terrible. I would definitely keep an eye on him though and maybe call your pedi.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:17 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• my kids, along with me and SO, tend to be more congested in the morning... we put a humidifier in our bedrooms and the issue stopped... it could just be "mucus" build up from sleeping... that once it's "cleared" he stops coughing... you could give that a try.
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:20 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I think you need to make an appt to your ped, he may need an eating evaluation.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 1:18 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• check with the Dr, make sure it's not food allergies
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:59 PM on Sep. 12, 2010