The Id, Ego, and Superego: I need your opinion on this for my Psychology class, please!

Every week we have to pick from 3 topics to write very briefly about for my Psychology class. This week, I chose the relationship between the Id, Ego and Superego (and we have to give an example from our life about how they interact). This is what I have, but does this make sense? (Things don't have to be really formal or anything like that, it's a very casual and relaxed class and this is just a topic that is discussed on the class message board.)

(In first post because I don't have enough characters left.)

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 4:16 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in

• I like how you explained it!! Good job. My coffee addicted Developmental Psych instructor used coffee a lot for examples.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:00 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I like your version. It makes perfect sense. My superego never wins out. My Id usually wins. "I want that big screen TV NOW!" then the ego says "use your student loans", then my superego says "no...use it for rent or store it away for emergencies"....I went and bought the tv that day...:(
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 4:33 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I think it sounds good :-) - lol, even though I know this isn't really the case, personally, I always thought of the Id as less a name and more an acronym standing for "inner devil"... ;-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:45 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Sounds good to me. :)
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:26 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• sounds good to me
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:29 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I like it, though for me it's chocolate!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 3:17 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I chose to write about the Id, Ego, and Superego.

I'm addicted to caffeine, so if I haven't had any before I get to my first class each morning, my Id starts screaming, "I want caffeine NOW!" My Ego starts going over all the ways I might be able to get some caffeine (asking for money from a friend, digging through my change, searching for that lost dollar bill, etc.), because it wants to give in to the Id. Eventually, my Superego usually wins by reminding me that I don't have the money with me to buy something, or by convincing me that I shouldn't spend the money when I could just wait until I get home and fix some coffee or something.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 4:16 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• LOL ash. Thanks :)
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 4:34 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Your welcome. I'm in abnormal psych this semester :)
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 4:55 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• doing a timeline i thought your id was as though you were 2years old you don't care you want it now, your ego is that 10year old rationalizing thinking is this socially acceptable, and your superego is the in between saying you can have this but you need to do this before getting it.
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 6:16 AM on Sep. 12, 2010