cleared for exercise, what should I do?

My midwife cleared me that I am free to exercise and don't have to be too careful like I have been these few wks after delivery. Breastfeeding has done wonders and I am already below my pre preg. weight but I need to tone those few common area (tummy and thighs) what would your advice be on the best choices of exercise?

Nienna7477

Asked by Nienna7477 at 4:49 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• pilates and yoga are good for "tightening" things
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:09 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• sit ups are still a reliable way to tone up your stomach muscles
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:27 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• start off slow! post natal yoga and pilates is awesome! join a mommy and me group in your area and see if they have a walking group or volunteer to start one (always makes it more fun with a group). Look for some mommy and me dvd's! I have a pilates one where you can lay your baby on the floor and as you do squats you tickle your baby, or sit your baby on your theighs as you do lunges for some extra weight!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• No sit ups... they just work the hip flexors moe then anything.... Do crunches in stead!! Pilates, yoga, work outs on the Exercise ball are AWESOME for core and leg strength/toning!!! http://www.exerciseballworkouts.net/

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 3:05 PM on Sep. 12, 2010