How has CafeMom helped you to be a better parent?

I asked this same question as a poll today. I really wanted to do a survey, but they're not doing surveys anymore.

RegocijoJoy

Asked by RegocijoJoy at 2:04 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ummm no lol! It has given me a lot of entertainment though!

ambie1983

Answer by ambie1983 at 2:08 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Not a better parent, but good advice and like ambie said, alot of entertainment!!!
    I feel like i am the best parent, that could raise my son. Not that I am THE best parent, but the only one fit to be the mother of my son, and i do a damn good job....
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 2:09 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Yes! It also made me a good grandparent too. I have more love in my heart than I know what to do with.!! People on here have given me a lot of insight to things I never thought about. I thank you all for helping me when I really needed help. I will also say tha one person on here has changed my life in a positive way, Thanks to SabrinaMB. YOU REALLY HELPED ME MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW!!!!!
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 6:12 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Also, this one person has helped me to look at what others feel and think, not to just say you are a bad person because..... Now I can see the person not what the person is or does. They helped me to say it's ok to be different. Just because I believe in one thing doesn't matter because other people have the right to be whatever they choose to become. I can also accept more from others. I don't discriminate just because I believe in God and they don't. I have also I learned a lot about how others feel the way they do.!
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 6:17 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Actually, it may have made me a better parent. CafeMom gives me a little "me-time" during the day, where I get to be ME and not just Mommy. So - I'm more relaxed when I'm with my daughter. So yeah, maybe it did....I don't know.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 8:29 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• i have two teenagers and a one year old i don't have parenting down to a tee but i think i have done a pretty damn good job with out the internet
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:40 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I have recieved some great advice to help me with my son. It made me understand him a little bit better. It is really great to see that there are other moms out there with the same problems that I have.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 9:59 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Um! nope not at all cafe mom helps me relax it's my time alone before I go to school every morning and after I have done my chores I wake up early .I have learned to be a more constrcutive and more informed parent in my child development classes.
    monica277

Answer by monica277 at 11:20 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I wouldn't say it has made me a better parent per say, I would say that I 2 have gotten a lot of great advice from other moms. As far as being a better parent, IMO, that's something that parents have 2 work on & do themselves (w/ advice of course).
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I like some of the advice, I like listening to other parents concerns and opinions.. at the same time it actually depresses me some days. Hah. I wonder - how can people really FEEL this way? Are this many women close minded? Why would so many women put up with *that*? etc.. etc.. etc... On various topics I won't hash out. It has been kind of an eye opener, in a disappointing way some days.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 1:13 PM on Oct. 16, 2008