Does your DH not fall into the typical male mold?

that our society has set?

mine doesn't. He cooks, cleans, spends time with kids, is NOT handy, can't fix things very well, not into sports, relates better with women than men, most definitely not gay, he's not all ruff and tumple, chews nails and goes hunting or play poker with the guys.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 6:46 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• WOW! Except for the cooking part, I think we married the same guy! I am lucky enough to have a great guy that would do anything for me and our kids. He has his crazy moments like everyone, but I wouldn't trade him for a anything. High Five for finding such a great man!!
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 7:08 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My hubby is very far from typical...he cooks, cleans, works full time, spends as much time as possible with the kids, volunteers at school functions/PTA as often as possible and he is also very manly; loves fishing, camping, working on cars, also a handyman around the house....He is absolutely anything and everything any woman could ask for.....SO GLAD HE IS MINE ALL MINE =]
    MamaCortney

Answer by MamaCortney at 11:52 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My first husband was a man's man. Very athletic, into sports, golf, poker games, very handy--could fix almost anything, and extremely good with directions (I like to say he has a GPS in his head). But he was so into things outside the home that he wasn't home a lot and we grew apart. My second husband isn't into sports or golf, likes to help me around the house and can cook and clean, isn't as handy, but will look it up online and figure it out or hire someone, and is generally more interested in quiet nights at home than hanging out with the guys (aside from the occassional horror/zombie movie with guys from work because I hate them!). It is SO nice to have a husband who is truly engaged and just there when you need him.
    chije

Answer by chije at 12:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My husband doesn't. He hates sports, he never initiated sex or showed much interest unless I jumped him repeatedly, he cooks, sometimes he cleans his bedroom (we're separated as far as we're concerned, but neither of us can afford to live alone with or without our daughter, so we're still in the same house), he doesn't care about cars very much, he doesn't gawk at scantily clad girls/women (he thinks it's kind of gross to show too much), etc.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:39 PM on Sep. 12, 2010