pains

I'm 4 months pregnant and I have sharp pains just below my belly button but they only last like 1 minute and they happen every once in awhile... should I be worried about these pains? Or can anyone tell me what they are and what causes them?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• most likely you are fine I've had them too, it's your belly stretching and growing, it should stop once you start showing more, but you can always ask your doctor, better safe then sorry
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 2:14 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• its normal. It is your uterus and ligaments stretching.

They were extremely painful for me, like a knife, and took my breathe away sometimes.. so i understand the concern. If they are ever accompanied by spotting or bleeding, or become extreme, then go to labor and delivery at your hospital and get checked out.

hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 2:16 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• yeah i had that too it was just stretching but if you're still worried i'd contact your ob
    ArmyAngel18

Answer by ArmyAngel18 at 10:05 AM on Oct. 16, 2008