I am a Christian woman has just gotten married a little over 2 months ago & my husband hats online with other women & texts other women & talks on the phone with other women that are not in the spirit of the lord. The text him sexual advances & pictures of themselves. When we are in public he is loving & affectionate. He sleeps on the couch more than in our bed. I don't know what I can do to get his attention. It seems like he no longer desires to become one with me. I l

MrsJLynnJ

Asked by MrsJLynnJ at 10:33 AM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• Well I’m answering this as a man I’m viewing this through my wife’s account. First things first as a Christian man this seems wrong on levels that are fairly easy for even the mundane to see. Temptations are around us like rats. And when you play with rats you tend to become a rat. No one on this earth can or should tell you to end your marriage. Never count out what God can do or has planned for you. Trust in your faith, pray, and ask yourself how far he has taken this and how much can you forgive. The marriage can be fixed cheating can stop but all of this is useless if you can't forgive. so in the end trust in your faith, if you know that forgiveness is not within you and will never be in you make your choice but make it YOUR choice no one else’s. see also next post
    Anonymous

• are you serious?
    if you are, wake up.
    he is using your ignorance and faith to take advantage of you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I suggest you guys try marriage counseling or some kind of counseling. He cannot be doing those things. It's inappropriate. Would it be ok with him if you did the same things he does? Probably not.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:38 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• one word...ANULLMENT!!
    JTNMD711

Answer by JTNMD711 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Christian or NOT he made a vow to you.... Marriage means forsaking all others... I'm with Renee get some marriage counseling (with a pro-marriage consular) and get some help...
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:46 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• That whole situation is sooo wrong. I think you really know what to do & just need a nudge, so here's your nudge.......KICK!!
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 10:55 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• It's obvious that he isn't living up to his marital vows. Sometimes the Deceiver sends ppl into our lives to confuse us and get us off track from our spiritual goals. I would certainly talk to h and tell him what you expect of him as a husband but if he is turning to other women so soon after the wedding then the long term future looks bleak. Tell him that if he doesn't live up to his part of the vows (including forsaking all others) then you will look into an annulment so God can bless you with the right person for you.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:57 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Girlfriend, God always sends signs and warnings. I agree, you already know what to do. Don't let the fact that you just got married two months ago stop you from doing the right thing.
    pfraling

Answer by pfraling at 11:08 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• You could BREAK the phone and put a blocker on the comp since he's acting like a immature A hole.

Honey FYI that's a form of cheating. ANd if you know this and he knows that you know, then who's not to say he'd screw someone at a bar, or from work, if he hasn't already. I mean REALLY wake up! No one should have to tell you what you should do. Uh hello!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• he is using your faith as a way for him to cheat. annulment!
    hiddenpoet

Answer by hiddenpoet at 11:18 AM on Jul. 1, 2008