I need to get her a Barbie Something....

I need some advice ladies! My Daughter is turning 3 in 2 weeks and loves barbies! I wanted to get her like a barbie house or something fun like that but the only one we have seen was 80 dollars for a small house with No furniture included.

I wouldnt mind paying that much but it has to have atleast SOME furniture!??
Any ideas on what i can get her that she would LOVE!?

SunShineMoMM

Asked by SunShineMoMM at 8:55 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Have you tried yard sales? My DIL just found some great Barbie stuff at a yard sale. And you might try eBay too. Make sure the seller has a good rating.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:01 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• craigslist is great for that kind of stuff to! I never had a 'doll house' for mine. I just had furniture and it was better than my friends who did have the houses because I had more space! I would get her a few dolls, a bed and a kitchen w/ table. She'll have a blast using her imagination to create a 'new house' each time she plays!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:08 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I got my DD a house that folds together, it comes with a fridge, washer/drier, shower, toilet, oven/stove......it's all built into the walls of the house. If you can't find one that is smaller what about the cruise ship or RV they have out? Both of them come with some furniture. My DD (she's 5) plays with her cruise ship more than her house. Check around at different stores or try yard sales. They do sell houses with some furniture.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 9:12 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I agree that yard sales, criagslist, ebay and thrift stores are great options. :)

Here is a link to ebay that I looked up for you (same one I messaged you):
    http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=doll+house&_sacat=See-All-Categories
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:36 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My girls often make their own furniture for their barbie dolls. I like the imaginative aspect of this type of play. This is one of the reasons that I like Barbies for school age children. They've made some really cute furniture and accessories!
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 9:53 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Thank you ladies for all the great ideas!
    Ive been to some yard sales but alot of the barbie dolls they had were all dirty and nasty, or the hair was cut really short. Ill deffinitly keep my eyes open.
    SunShineMoMM

Comment by SunShineMoMM (original poster) at 9:57 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Craigslist and Ebay are good places to look
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:16 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• we got my girls one for FREE off craigslist.. it was just a house... a week later we got 3 whole boxes of barbies, clothing, furniture, cars, etc for FREE from another person on craigslist!
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:19 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• look on craigslist!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 1:17 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• craigslist is a good idea. I've even seen barbies for $4 at big lots.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2010