How much clothes do you own... and actually fit in. lol.

I am getting frustrated because I all I have is 2 pair of jeans, 3 -4 shirts for summer and 2-3 shirts for winter. 2 worn out house dresses and 3 set of scrubs for work. That is literally all I have. Is that pretty normal or am I justified in sucking it up and buying myself some new clothes? I hate spending money on me!!

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 9:04 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have roughly 5 days worth of clothes so far-cold weather stuff

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:47 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Throw in a couple pairs of dress pants and a couple of skirts, along with 3 jackets ... and that's about what I have too. Sounds pretty normal to me!
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 9:48 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i have alot of clothes. so many i cant fit them all in my closet. there are some i dont fit in right now, too big & too small but i keep them for when i gain and loose weight, lol.
    i would definatly buy some new clothes if i was you. how could you hate spending money on yourself? this is your life. enjoy it girlfriend
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:07 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• well to me you are very lucky to have the clothes you have...I have 2 pair of jeans, 3 summer shirts, 1 skirt, 2 dress shirts, 1 pair black dress pants, 4 winter shirts, 1 pair tennis shoes, 1 pair dress sandals, 1 pair boots, 1 dress, 6 pair of underwear and 4 pairs of socks to my name whether it actually fits or not...I have to make it work
    MamaCortney

Answer by MamaCortney at 11:40 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i have a walk in closet full and a dresser and a chest full, my husband shares the closet and dresser and chest with me, we both have way too much
    jess102208

Answer by jess102208 at 11:43 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• PURPULbutterfly>>>>it's not that easy ofr some people...some people would rather think about their family instead and then again some people don't have the money to go put and just "BLOW" money like that and some just think it is just plain useless to have a ton of clothes or other stuff....Frankly I see it as money wasted if you have only the main necessities and it is absolutely pointless....I guess I'm just one of the few that is not materialistic and really knows what matters in life
    MamaCortney

Answer by MamaCortney at 11:45 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I have so many clothes. It is crazy. The thing is if you don't have enough go to Walmart and purchase a few tees or jeans they are not expensive and they look fine. Target works too. I live by a t.j.maxx so I spend time shopping in there. I really don't need any thing, I just like to get new stuff.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I have a lot of clothes, but mostly because I've had most of them for years! I rarely buy anything new, but I take very good care of what I have so that it will last. The last new item I purchased was a shirt on sale for 5 bucks at last year's (2009) end of season sidewalk sales.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 2:25 PM on Sep. 12, 2010