need to chat about chatting on line with complete stranger

last night i got on a dating site and chatted with a man, it was nothing sexual at all, in fact he has children and we mostly talked about kids, we both have a cild with delays, in fact in was like talking to a mom on here but he saw my photo and said something like, you look nice, other than that it was friends
I am living with my childs father, although he and I can be in the same room and he does not notice me, I have been planning on leaving as soon as I can get all plans in place.
why do i not feel guilty (well maybe a bit) makes me sad that my childs father does not even like me anymore, and i am not starting anythingup, this man last night does not know my name, did not exchange numbers or talk to sex, it was nice to "talk to a man that listened

anyone want to talk to me about this, I do not need bashing, I am not having an affair, and have tired everything in this relationship

any takers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• For the girls that are saying be careful who you talk to, they are right on.....These guys will say what they think you want to hear and they could be anyone and someone not so nice in the real world. Just be careful hon.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 9:48 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Just be careful. With on-line chatting, you never know who you are really talking to. If you tried everything in the relationship, then I don't see the harm. Does your DS's dad know you two are through?
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:10 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Never know who u are talking to...many men are capable of lieing to you on line. Ok with that said. If u are just talking to him as a friend like from one mom to another... I think that is good... Just don't hurt yourself over this either.
    Mariejen

Answer by Mariejen at 9:21 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Honetly this guy may have been super nice online but that tends to happen A LOT when you are speaking to someone for the first time. And especially when you are on te subject of kids.... people tend to find things in common and then speak on that and it seems as if you have nothing BUT things in common. Sounds to me like you need to try and take him to counseling and see if that helps to bring you back together. You MUST still have lots of love for him or you wouldn't even care about your actions. He needs to know that you feel like the love is gone and that he doesn't notice you any longer.
    Sit him down and tell him if you can't afford counseling. But make your you do it in a non-judgemental way and that it doesn't come across as you attacking him.
    Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:11 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• he did finally agree to go to therapist, we have gone once
    and since then he is even more distant
    he took the kids to his moms yesterday to go go carting for the afternoon, he did not call, did not come home for dinner
    i had to call him and he said he did not know when he would come home, wel...that was yesterday

when I said that i thoiught our daughter was too young for go catrs, he said my opinion was not meaningful is something like that

i do not matter at all to him
    i asked him the other day if he even liked me, and he said nothing
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:16 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Sounds like you need to get away from him. I would test the waters though when talking to people online. IF you agree to meet, go to an afternoon meal (4pm or so) somewhere public. :) I met my bf online and we did that and have now been together over a year and a half and have a new baby together. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:23 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Are you and your childs father broken up/getting a divorce? Or are you still "together"? You are living together now but, what is the plan for you to leave?

If you are just "in" the relationship til you can afford to leave or what have you, I honestly think your energies ahould be focused on that rather than on dating. I would find other places to interact with people online that aren't date oriented. JMO
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 9:24 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I do not plan on meeting him or anyone else
    but it sure is nice to talk to a man who is not swearing at me

not going to date soon, if ever, do not have any urge to date, just have need for niceness
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:52 AM on Sep. 12, 2010