Stairs and c-section

I've had one already with my dd ( now due with ds in December) but we just recently moved into a new place that has stairs ( our last home was all on one level ) I was wondering if I am going to be able to do the stairs after my c-section? I will come down once in the morning, stay down all day and go back up at night time.

Anyone else have experience with this? They didn't tell me anything when I was discharged with DD.

AllThatBabyJazz

Asked by AllThatBabyJazz at 9:22 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Stairs are fine. The first couple of days I went down in the morning and up at night, but after the first 3-4 days I was going up and down a couple of times a day, and that just gradually increased until I was back to normal.

Answer by missanc at 9:25 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Take it easy and be careful. The first day home after my c-section, I walked up 6 steps and passed out.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 9:28 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• You just take the stairs slow the first week. With 4 of my 5 kids we lived in a 2 level house. With my last one born in July my bedroom was on the first floor but the bathrooms were either in the basement or upstairs so every time I had to pee I had to go up and down the stairs. I didn't have a choice.
    With my 4th child we lived on the 2nd floor. I had to go up and down every day to take my oldest to the bus stop for school. By the 2nd week I could do them just fine. This last time I was helping move at 3 weeks (packing boxes and carrying stuff). Every recovery is different. I felt back to normal by 3 weeks this time and had to keep reminding myself that I just had major surgery at 2 weeks.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Yes you can take them, but it may be best to camp out downstairs the firs night or so just to save you from potentially hurting yourself. You can take he stairs though as long as you step very carefully and slowly. :) I have done it but it sucked, hurted and I had to stop and take breaks (which wasn't as easy as a normal break because I was hurting).
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:42 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• stairs are fine, i lived in a 2 story when i had my daughter. I think its just the sneezing and coughing that hurt lol. Good luck to you! thats so exciting!
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 9:59 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• take it slow
    i did not do stairs but i must have over done it
    when i stopped pills for pain from surgery
    i had the worst headache in the world
    called doc, put me through to anasteiologist (however that is spelled0
    anyway, he said i had spinal fluid leak, casing spinal headaches
    YOU DO NOT WANT THESE!
    lasted forever, had to go back on pain meds for head/spinal leak pain
    and everytime i over did it even a little bit i had one of these
    bad bad bad-worse that migraine
    i may have gotten anyway, but gas doc said from over doing it
    it is not a race-remember that!!!
    be gentle to yourself-you have just had surgery
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:02 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Just take it slow and easy, and you should be fine.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:25 AM on Sep. 12, 2010