another tattoo question

I asked for some advice yesterday about the ankle tattoo I just got and received a lot of help. Thank you ladies!

Now I have another question. Since my tattoo is on my ankle, how can I manage the hair? Is it bad to shave it while its still healing and fresh? I've tried contacting my tattoo artist but he's too busy to return my calls. Thanks again in advance! =]

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I did not see your question yesterday, but this is how I had it explained to me (I now have 4 tats)

Think of your tattoo as a huge gaping wound. It will be scabbing over; would you shave over any other scab?

Also, do not pick at the scab, and when it starts to peel, let it do it on its own. Do not try to pull it off like you do with a sunburn.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:59 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• yeah dont shave it until its completely healed. its just as bad as scratching...the blades on a razor are sharp (im sure you know that though lol) and can scratch away the die etc.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:44 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• if it itches, SLAP it lol dont scratch :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 5:03 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I have an ankle tattoo. I did not shave it. I don't recall any disgusting scab! When it itched, and to avoid that, I rubbed oil into it, or lotion, or whatever was handy.
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 6:28 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Yeah, just dont shave over the area for a couple weeks til it is fully healed. You wont grow a bush in that time or anything!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:33 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• do not shave until its healed. you will keep reopening the scab and that is not good.
    Mama2Joshy

Answer by Mama2Joshy at 7:33 AM on Oct. 16, 2008