wow!

My dd is 22 months old and has figured out how to open up door's! she opened up her bedroom door this morning and came on in the bathroom where i was too...lol. I guess it's time for me to get the door knob things so she can't open them up! What age did your little one open door's if he/she can?

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 9:27 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yup, time to child proof your home........lol
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 9:49 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Between 18 months and two years. :) Luckily I never had to get the doorknob things. They always knew not to go outside.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:38 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• It is time for you to get all types of safety latches from cabinets to door to outlets to bumper guards. Do it all at once.
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 9:42 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My nephew started opening doors around 18 months. Since then they have put up hose little latch things at the top of the doors (like what you might see on an apartment door) and they help really well! If it's not latched he'll just run on outside! Very scary ya know? So definatly look into some safety locks asap!
    BrendansMom134

Answer by BrendansMom134 at 9:52 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• 17 months old...and he is now trying hard at 20 months to figure out how to work the safety knobs lol
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:01 AM on Sep. 12, 2010