I am due for a c-section on the 21st but i'm having pains in my lower groin when i walk. . Doctor hasn't checked to see if i have dialated at all and i would just like to kno if anyone can tell me why i am having these pains.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My guess is the closer you get to due date, the more they lower and get into position and that would cause discomfort.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 9:51 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• with my third child i had pain on my lower left side when i walked and my ob told me that it was from my ligaments stretching making room for baby. Hope this helps some
    jrmonroe

Answer by jrmonroe at 9:58 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• yes, normal ! i agree, your body is stretching to make room for baby as jrmonroe said above me...
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My Dr. told me the same thing but sometimes it even hurts to get in and out of bed. I can't raise my legs to take my shoes off and getting into the tub is an effort.
    chiachick2005

Answer by chiachick2005 at 10:08 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• The baby could just be sitting really low since you are close to your due date. The same thing was happening to me when I had my ds, he was my 2nd child and he was sitting really low and it caused pain in my groin...
    PiscesMommy021

Answer by PiscesMommy021 at 10:09 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I agree, baby is getting into position to be born. If he gets too settled and engaged, it will take a second or two to get him out during a c-section. He wants to come out the other way. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:45 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• well if its your fist c section you are fine just ligaments stretching I had that with my third but it was my third c section and it was my insides ripping open eek but it could be some dialating
    anfisasmommy

Answer by anfisasmommy at 11:51 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Could be round ligament pain, could just be pressure in your lower abdomen, could be baby getting lower and into position for birth. Any of these would be normal. Don't bother having your doctor check to see if you're dilated, because there isn't much to be gained from this. It's no indication of when you'll go into labor, and will only frustrate you.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:54 AM on Sep. 12, 2010