How do I go about getting a BreastMilk donor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There is a MilkShare group here on CafeMom. Otherwise, google milk banks.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:20 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Wow! I never heard of that! You learn something everyday! :)
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 7:30 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Call your doctor. You want to get milk through a registered milk bank so that it's been tested and you are assured of its safety. The maternity ward at the hospital can help, too.
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 9:17 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• You must be careful. Many diseases and drugs are transmitted through breast milk  They just had the dangers of using just anyones milk  on the Doctors yesterday. 

valkay

Answer by valkay at 9:39 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Milkshare groups, milk banks, personal and private donation.

For the personal and private donation try contacting breastfeeding mothers in your area. For the others - google ones in your area.

The milkshare group here you can say where you are and people can help if they can.

Be aware of what medications the mother is taking, any illnesses she has, and her diet. If she eats anything that your baby is highly sensitive to you need to be aware. For example - I cannot donate to children/babies that are highly sensitive to dairy because I eat a lot of it and thats okay for me since it doesn't affect my daughter at all.
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 10:00 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• IF I get a private donation will I be able to take it to the hospital for them to test it?
    Anonymous