How can I explain this and still quit, with the chance of re-hire?

I just started a new job at Walmart after being a SAHM for 2 years...I have literally only worked 2 days. We just moved here to TX, we were

staying with my mom until we found an affordable apartment. But now my husband has been offered a good fulltime job in CA so

we are going to be relocating there in 2 weeks. He is already there cause he had to start work. I am only working part time but I like my job so far and I dont want to quit, but I have no choice. I even feel bad about having to quit. But how can I explain this when I go to explain it to the personnel manager? I want to leave on a good note so I can possibly be re-hired at another Walmart in CA.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Tell the personnel manager just as you told us. Ask for a transfer. Put the information in writing so that it will be in your file.,
    Good luck.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:07 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• You say that your husband has just gotten an amazing job opportunity - one that, given the current economy, you just can't say no to. Unfortunately, it means that you and your family have to relocate to CA. You then say that you're very sorry that you won't be able to keep working for this particular store, but that you hope that you can possibly xfer to one in CA where you're going.

gl!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:09 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Agree with the other posters. Good luck in CA!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:11 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• You tell them exactly what you just told us. Ask for a transfer. If you haven't been there long enough for them to do a transfer, just ask your manager to be a reference.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:30 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I agree with previous posts. Good luck!
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 10:48 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Just be honest about your situation. I wish you and your family much success in CA
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 10:50 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Ask for a transfer =) My sis did that but the new location store had a ton of drama and she missed the old one. GL
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 11:41 AM on Sep. 12, 2010