How old was it when....

...your child started putting small sentences together? my son can say 2 words together when he wants but doesn't always. Usually will say two words together after I say them, but we haven't started sentences yet. He is 20 1/2 months now

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is a little over two now and is not saying many sentances ether he sticks to his fav's of "stop it" "no mine" ect.. sounds likke your son is moving along fine. good luck
    MystikSky

Answer by MystikSky at 10:26 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My daughter just turned 2 in August. She's been putting small sentences together since 2 or 3 months before her birthday. She's doing very, very well with learning, though. The kids she plays with that are around her age aren't doing the same.
    momtochelhawk

Answer by momtochelhawk at 10:41 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My daughter will be two in Oct and she still isn't stay two words together. I am worried about it but im going to wait till her second birthday before i do anything.
    momil

Answer by momil at 10:55 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My son started speaking in sentences at the age of 2 and now he has the grammar of a 6 yo. But he is on a high level and the pedi. says he's actually smarter then 95% of other kids his age. :) I'm so proud!!!! not trying to gloat...sorry
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 4:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• my daughter is 18mos. and not a big talker ped. said that she's to busy all her motor skills are highly developed.
    dohair

Answer by dohair at 5:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2010