Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

I'm just annoyed and I don't know what I should do....

I live 2 hours away from my Family, I'm considering going back to Work and I have a 2 year old. I don't know any good daycare providers in this area, but I'm a little skeptical about somebody else watching our child. My husband works part time right now doing Computer jobs, our bills are racking up and I feel smothered in debt. Also... My husband let our insurance lapse 3 years ago and it cause MY license to get suspended for no insurance, I have NO way to pay the $600 unless I go back to work. I'm currently taking online classes full-time through my Community College, but I could still work because their self-pace classes. I'm just annoyed... I've heard for 3 years now, oh we'll pay your license I can't even drive to the freaking grocery store!!!!! My husband doesn't want me to go back to work, but I do. I feel like it would make me feel better and I wouldn't go stir crazy.

Answer Question

Asked by marcnsarah at 10:17 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 3 (17 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Since your hubby only works part time, find a job where you can work the hours ur hubby isnt working that way he can keep the 2yr old.. That way you wont have to find a babysitter.. If your bad in debt if I was you I would get some kind of job.. That sucks about your license but for your 2yr old sake you should try to get your license back, just incase something happens to him/her you can drive to the ER!! I remember being stationed in Germany I didnt have my german license when I had my son, I was always worried how Id get him to the doctor or ER without a car.. My husband worked about 15 miles away from our house so having to wait for him would take to long.. But this is just my opinion.. Good Luck with everything..

    Answer by AirforceWife654 at 10:25 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

  • Thanks!

    Comment by marcnsarah (original poster) at 10:58 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

  • First I would have to ask why your husband doesn't want to seek better employment? If he absolutely refuses, I would, as mentioned above, have him babysit why you look for work. It's tough right now. A license is something you don't want to be without. Can you ask family members, friends, etc. for the money to get your license back? Have you looked into working at home for a call center? I know it's tough too, because you can't have any background noise, so you might have to work while your child is sleeping. I have a list of call centers that do hire. Here is that list: Customer Service/ Call Centers


    Answer by m-avi at 11:09 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

  • You know there are license restrictions you can have while you find the money to pay for the whole bill, they are for people in school and working.

    If you are caught driving for any other reason than that though it wouldn't be good. The only thing though about working at home ( a job)is you cant be responsible for a child while on the clock.

    This site has some more flexible ideas


    Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:04 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

  • You could open a daycare or just do babysitting but yeah I understand your frustration

    Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:12 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

  • Why don't you get a full time job, and let your husband be the primary care-giver for your child?

    Answer by rkoloms at 5:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

  • Thanks for all of the ideas ladies I really appreciate it!!!

    Comment by marcnsarah (original poster) at 9:06 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.