Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Name Change??? help me please. : )

when my son was born i named him Tyler Christopher after his daddy, now that his father is out of the picture completely i want to change it to Tyler James, so that its after my Uncle James who was in WWII and i <3 him to death! he is so funny and sweet, and even though he is really old he STILL goes hunting! :) i really want to do this, i have been thinking about it for a while and i think its time to do it. it would make everyone in my fam so happy and when Tyler learns what his middle name is i dont have to explain who Christopher was. so anyone know how i can get his name changed??? please help! : ) thanks.

Answer Question

Asked by DARKxXxangel at 10:19 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Baby Names

Level 4 (53 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • Start with a call to your town/city hall and ask how to get info on this. Or go to your state government website and search on this. There are forms you fill out and have approved. I see some online sources to do this, but you are better off contacting your city and state agencies. GL

    Answer by elizabr at 10:24 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

  • It has to go through the courts you should find the initial paper work you need for your state online.


    Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:25 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

  • I would not do anything like that, Just let him keep that name. So what if he name after his daddy. YOUR the one that put that name on paper.

    Answer by sguy1983 at 10:27 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

  • ok i will try and look into that. and btw if his dad signed the birth certificate do you think i need his signature to do it?? i hope not!

    Comment by DARKxXxangel (original poster) at 10:28 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

  • @ sguy: i was only 17 when i did that, and i did that before he tried to kill me. thats why i want to change his name! i dont want my son to be named after someone like that.

    Comment by DARKxXxangel (original poster) at 10:33 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

  • You'll learn if the dad's signature is needed through your questions and research. IDK about that.

    Answer by elizabr at 10:33 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

  • I have no idea how to help...the first answer certainly sounds like a good starting point.....I'd like to do the same with my son to be honest....i don't see anything wrong with it....i can't imagine a child wanting to be named after someone who tried to kill their mother....or who was abusive in any stomach curdles every time i have to write my son's middle name....i didn't want to name a child after either of us in the first place, but he insisted that the first son had his name, so i agreed to middle name only otherwise they would have had exactly the same name, first middle and last.....i just wanted to wish you the best of luck !

    Answer by FXmomTo3 at 1:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

  • @FXmom: yes i cant stand saying his name ha. when we put him in padgents (Sp) we dont even put his middle name down. i do believe that you have til they are 7 to change their name tho. thats the only thing that i remember reading. : )

    Comment by DARKxXxangel (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

  • idk but when i got married, i changed my name at the social security office, so i'd try calling them. :)

    Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:48 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

  • That is what I was thinking Stefanie83. Try the social security office! I don't blame you on wanting the change. Will your ds know a difference now though?

    Answer by mom2maddie06 at 2:43 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.