YOUR AGE...Have you lied about it ever? When do you feel it is nobody's business?

I can't recall ever lying about it, but I do know I don't volunteer it. My best friend's husband told my husband this morning that his wife is five years older than me. I was shocked. She has always told me that I was five years older than her. I will no doubt keep my mouth shut, but it started me wondering why she felt the need to lie to me. I never asked her to tell me her age, but she has always made a point of calling me her older friend everytime we are in public or out with other friends. For the record, I have known her for 3 years now. Any thoughts on this subject.

JOCKEYP2PMOM

Asked by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 10:26 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• No--age is just a number and if you feel young and you are healthy,that is all that matters. I am not a big fan of lying about anything.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:20 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• It's vanity. I have a friend who lies about her age and wants to be forever young by the clothes she wears, etc. Maturity is more attractive IMHO
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:29 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Nope. So far I've had no reason to lie. I'm proudly 37!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:29 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• and to answer the question..............no, I have not lied about my age
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:31 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I got married when I was 20. I got so much grief from co-workers and total strangers about being too young to get married that I started lying and saying I was 24 when anyone asked. It definitely helped get people off my back!
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 10:40 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I've never lied about my age. Most people think I'm far younger than 40. I got carded in VA a few weeks ago when I ordered a margarita....the server thought I was 13!!!! I love her! That was funny!
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 10:45 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I've never lied about it, proudly 40! I'd guess women do out of vanity, but I've never felt the need to.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:46 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Nope I've never lied about my age. If I don't want someone to know I'm very blunt and tell them its none of their business.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:23 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• nope. i've never lied about my age. we all get older whether we want to or not. lying isn't going to change that.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 11:30 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• not in real life. Online you can be whatever ya want, tho.

I did BS once when the only people they wanted answers from were people under 30, even though I had a good reply that would help them. Since they wouldn't know either way I simply said I was "under 30" since thats what they wanted to hear and it turned out they liked what I had to say. But that was the only time. Dumb. lol
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:34 AM on Sep. 12, 2010