Does anyone have

Does anyone have wooden window blinds? I was looking into getting them but was wondering how well they where. Like do they darken the room, work easy etc.. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• My parents have them and they were expensive. They darken the room a little. I don't like them because they are dust collectors.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:40 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• We have one window with 2" wooden blinds. The window is 70" wide and about 50 " long. The blinds are heavy, but we do not raise them often. We do rotate them to let in the light each day. Obviously, if they were not so wide they would not be so heavy. I LOVE them. They look fantastic and are so much more attractive than the small width, vinyl, blinds I have in the bedrooms. They darken the room just fine. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:41 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I have white wodden 2" blinds and love them. I do not think they keep anymore light out then other blinds! But they are kind of pricy!
    Mom2Brock

Answer by Mom2Brock at 10:42 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I meant to also say that I got them at JC Penney clearance online. And retailmenot.com is a good source of coupons for JC Penney.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:44 AM on Sep. 12, 2010