Is it possible for my son to be allergic to Petroleum jelly that i put on his bum for skin protection from a diaper rash?

Oh yeah, he is 2months

MummyLuv

Asked by MummyLuv at 10:32 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes its possible. But I wouldn't put PJ on a rash. It doesn't let it breath. Get some diaper rash cream.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:35 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• maybe be...if a yeast rash starts under it, you have trouble...no corn starch powders for sure~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 10:38 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• You aren't using Pampers with Dry Max are you?
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:42 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Of course it's possible. PJ is a byproduct of OIL... It's a horrid product and I would NEVER advise someone to use in on their body let alone on an infant... It coats the skin with chemicals and doesn't allow it to get any fresh air... There are great products out there for skin protection and diaper rash, check out some of those! THIS is what I use and recommend - all natural & vegan... There is NOTHING in this product that will hurt your baby...  I would also suggest you change diapers & see if that changes things.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:49 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Petroleum Jelly can actually be irritating - and toxic - try bathing your baby with the Gold Bar from Melaleuca - very soothing for irritated skin and apply Renew Intensive Skin Therapy to form a natural moisture barrier on the skin before diapering - all these products are safe and natural. Please let me know if you would like anymore info.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• yeah im using hte pamper max dry ??
    MummyLuv

Comment by MummyLuv (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Check out the Consumer Affairs website regarding Pampers with Dry Max. They have not done a recall but I feel a lawsuit coming on with these things.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:34 AM on Sep. 13, 2010