Do you know what's really in formula? Watch this video.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5005016305725612809

I didn't know all these horrible things were in formula. I knew people say it's bad but not that bad. What really bothered me is the part where he said the vitamins aren't really absorbed into the body, it's just good for marketing. Also the things those chemicals and acids cause. Even death?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No where in this video did I hear anyone say anything about formula users being horrible people. The over defensive bullcrap is tired, overdone, haggard and beaten to death. Facts are facts. formula, though purposeful, is overused in this country to the detriment of its infants. Formula exists for a very good reason; to feed infants when breastmilk is not available. However it's being used on a wide scale by women and families with adequate access to the real deal. It's stupid to deny the facts: formula is and always will fall tragically short of meeting every dietary need human infants have. It's a reasonable faccimile, but no where near complete. To claim that those who point out the short comings of formula are trying to use "Scare tactics" is beyond stupid. Get over yourself. You used a product that is less than ideal. So do most of Americans. It's not the end of the world, but at least be honest to yourself.
    Anonymous

• Good lord. I am looking up homemade infant formula right now.
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 5:52 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• do YOU know how manny chemicals are in the air we breath every day my son drank formula and hes just fine hes cute sweet and healthy so shut up omg not all of us can boobfeed i would of if i could but sence i couldnot i do not want to be made to feal like a monster
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 7:09 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Wow, thats crazy! I had no idea all that stuff was in formula!
    jokermom

Answer by jokermom at 7:13 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• do you know whats in hot dogs
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:59 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Insane! What about those of us who didn't produce mile? Maybe we should of fed our babies hotdogs...

Jodi205 I agree, hotdogs are the most disgusting food in the world!
    dhhaj

Answer by dhhaj at 8:03 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Oh, yeah, that looks like a video from a reliable source. I can do the same thing in my basement.

Its actually really funny...I hope this person doesn't eat meat, ice cream, cheese, brush their teeth, wash their hair, eat fruits or vegetables, drink juice, or water, or drink alcohol, or really BREATHE...because these "mystery" compounds are found in EVERYTHING...

I don't doubt that you can find every iota of infomation he gave on wikipedia...and I don't doubt, that for every accurate piece of information that is reliably backed up by a valid scientific study that is has been completely taken out of context.

BAN DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE!!

thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 8:37 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Just another scare tactic from the "if you don't breast feed, you're a horrible person" type of group. Many of us were unable to breast feed and had to use formula...my kids had formula and they are just as healthy as any breast fed baby.
    kittynala

Answer by kittynala at 9:08 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Both my babies (both preemies) were formula fed. I don't produce enough milk to feed them. They are both happy and healthy. This sounds like just another Nipple Nazi on their soapbox.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 9:16 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I made my own formula, so I never had to worry about it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:18 AM on Oct. 16, 2008