What age did you start introducing a potty seat to your little boy? Just wanted to get an idea of what have worked for you momma's!!

Mom2Brock

Asked by Mom2Brock at 10:41 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have been putting my son on the big potty since he was about 17 months old. Hasn't really done much til recently now that he is realizing what is going on when he goes pee.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:43 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• We had a potty chair in the kids' bathroom once they were 2 just so they knew what it was for. Our first showed interest and was trained at 2.5........... our youngest was trained by 2 years nine months.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:46 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• both boys
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:47 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• well idk what age my lil brothers were but i do know that i would put a fruit loop in the toilet and tell them to aim and try to shoot it....they thought it was such a fun game they learned real fast how to use their potty...now as far as going poopy idk i left that up to my parents lol but i do know if you force a baby to go poopy on the chair they will get upset and start holding it in! you do not want that! i think that one you have to let kids do at their own time
    momOF2Girls0710

Answer by momOF2Girls0710 at 12:03 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I got my son a potty seat when he turned 2 but he didn't really use it untill he was like 2 1/2. now he would much rather use the regular toilet instead of the seat..lol.
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 4:03 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Okay thank you! I want him to be potty trained early if possible, but do not want to push him either! T
    Mom2Brock

Comment by Mom2Brock (original poster) at 11:05 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• personally i think potty chairs and pull ups are a waste of time and money..why train them twice...and let them think it's ok to have an accident bc you are wearing a 5 dollar diaper! my son turned 2 in march...the first week of july we started(my husband has vacation that week) by friday he was fully potty trained...we never used a potty chair or pull up...took diapers away cold turkey...he'll be 5 in march of next year..and he's only had 1 day time accident and that was last year at school because he couldn't get his belt off..and was too shy to ask his teacher for help.....and 2 accidents at night last year because he stayed up WAY too late...
    AustinsMommy306

Answer by AustinsMommy306 at 12:33 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• On my son's secound birthday! around one month & /hafe, we was fully trained. Then it took about 1 week for him to learn how to pee standing up.

Good luck.
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 11:28 AM on Sep. 13, 2010