He only said "I love you" once... and won't say it anymore... what do I do?

He left for iraq august 21st, and the night before and that next morning he calls me to finally tell me he loves me! That he loves me and my daughter and he wants us to bet together when he gets back from iraq. Now.. when we talk on myspace or on IM.. I'll always say I love you .. my daughter says hi, and we miss you sooo much!
all he ever says is " miss you too" or "same here".
He promised that he didn't say i love you the night before he left just because he was leaving.. but now.. idk what to think.. what do i do?

DayDays_Mommy

Asked by DayDays_Mommy at 4:51 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• If you're comfortable saying it just say it, write it. Just be you. Let him be him without questioning or wondering or taking it wrong or making a big deal out of the issue. Really, the less you make of it, the more he'll feel free to be him without explanation and then maybe, he'll feel comfortable.
    notjustamom380

Answer by notjustamom380 at 6:45 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Some man have a hard time saying I love you. It doesn't mean that's not how they feel. He was very emotional the night before he left which made it easier for him to say the words then. Don't get hung up on words. It's actions that count.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 6:52 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Some peole feel that if you say I love you too much that it loses it's meaning. He said it, I'd really know he meant it! Just keep letting him know you love him. He'll tell you again when he's ready!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:37 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• i am guessing he is a boyfriend? he is proble scared my husband just got back from iraq on June 21st and he saw a lot of guys lose the ones they love bc they cheated or just couldnt take the time away. if i where you and i really loved him i would tell him everytime you talk that you love him he will come around and when he gets back he will let you know he loves you too. dont give up give it time
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 9:45 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• You know my thoughts doll... Just keep tellin ghim when you do talk that you love him and that you are here faithfully waiting. He's either going ot come around or he's not but all you can control is your response and how you conduct yourself...
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 11:02 AM on Oct. 16, 2008