Whats the best unlimited family cell phone plan?

We have verizon but it is gettin a lil xpensive .. for 2 phones: 170$

*only one has an unlimited data package - phone wont work without it

they both have:
unlimited text (- necessary)
shared 1400 min ( - lowest you can get with the friends and fam)
10 friends and family (- free calling)

we need to save money somewhere and this seems a lil outragous for a cell phone bill each month

Mrs_Chris_Pukt

Asked by Mrs_Chris_Pukt at 11:00 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• I guess it would depend upon your coverage area. For me, the best plan was AT & T. I have unlimited texting, a family package that includes free calling to anyone in the AT & T network, plus I get to put 10 people into my list that do not have AT & T. So, basically most everything is free. I also get the unlimited data package for my iPhone. For all, I pay about $168.00 per month, but that's split between three people.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:04 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Around my area we have MetroPCS (www.metropcs.com) and that has unlimited texting, web, local and long distance, etc. It was $80 per month for two phones on the plan and only like $5 extra per phone. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:05 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• For $45 you can get one phone that has unlimited texting, talking, and web from walmart. So for two you'd pay about $90 (before taxes and all). Not only that, but you're not committed to a contract, you can go month by month. That's what we switched to when we moved (our provider was one of those small town ones, and we crossed state lines and didn't want to be "roaming" all the time)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:17 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Cricket, which just went nationwide, has an unlimited talk and text plan for $45. Their service isn't too bad, although if you live in the middle of nowhere you may not get service all the time. It's what we have, and they have no extra taxes or fees.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 11:22 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Sprint is unlimited everything for like 150 i think and it will be less if you need less than that
    ladybugky88

Answer by ladybugky88 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• They have unlimited text and minutes and internet for like $45 at walmart with Straightalk...but I have no idea if they are reliable or not.
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 1:27 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Like someone mentioned before MetroPCS for four phones its $100/month unlimited everything.
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 6:22 PM on Sep. 12, 2010