What do you do for yourself when you feel overwelmed as a wife and mother?

Skavswife

Asked by Skavswife at 11:07 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I ask the husband and father to cover for me for awhile
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:08 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Head to the spa
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:09 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I don't get to do anything so I make sure he knows I am feeling overwhelmed and most of the time he will help.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:09 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Its hard sometimes to just ask for help cuz women think they can do it all but you get to the point where you are going to blow the top off if you don't.
    momil

Answer by momil at 11:12 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I calm down and head to the only room in the house where I can get a breather. I also like to remind myself that I can only do so much and often times I realize my husband needs to help more.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:13 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i just let husband know i need some "alone" time and retreat into my bedroom and do whatever calms me down be it tv, reading a good book or talking on the phone with family or friends - this is no time to "vent" with anybody!
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 11:13 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• EAT CHOCOLATE. LOTS OF CHOCOLATE.
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 11:19 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I see my therapist once a week when they're in school... lol I also have more time to myself now that they are all in school, so I make it a point to do all the things I like to do for myself while they are gone all day... It's such a big relief since they have been... We have a 14, 7, and 8 yr old, and my Hubby is gone for work a month at a time, so I have a lot of me time now....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:20 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I tell my husband to help me out (usually he jumps right in without being asked), and if it's really bad, I tell him I need to go and do some retail therapy (even if I only go "window shopping")! LOL :o)

Now that our kids are past the "clingy needy" phase, and can actually (and willingly) help me around the house--cleaning up their toys, clothes, messes, etc., it's not so bad....and they're in full day school, and I'm back to work as a teacher (after being a SAHM and putting my careers on hold for 8 years), so we ALL get a much needed break from one another. :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:20 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i just give myself a break even if it means just walk outside for a couple mins .
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 12:01 PM on Sep. 12, 2010