darn cats!! help me pls.

does anyone know why cats like to get right in your face when your asleep and purr like a chainsaw?? its very difficult for my son & me to sleep some nights. my son has even started waking up when they get on him and pushes them saying "get down!" and then it takes forever for him to go back to sleep, how can i keep them out of our face when we are sleeping??

DARKxXxangel

Asked by DARKxXxangel at 11:13 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Pets

• Keep them out of the room. They just want attention, food, or the litter changed. Of the latter two are taken care of, its just attention their seeking.

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:15 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Close the door
    MilkingMomma

Answer by MilkingMomma at 11:19 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• they want attn...now! I love my cats too, but I hate that aspect of cats...that me-me-me attitude. and its all day too. Just block their access to you somehow until your ready to deal with em again.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:23 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• lol i would but i dont have a door! lol. since my room was getting crowded w my bed and tylers crib i moved to the activity room in our house so i dont have a door lol.
    DARKxXxangel

Comment by DARKxXxangel (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• if you dont have a door, put the cats in pet crates, they wont like it but you can always put them in a different room(say bathroom) and you might not hear them crying and clawing all night.......
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 1:39 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• for attention, or they want you to get up and feed them.. that's why I close my door, so she can't come it.. after a few days she got the hint.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• ok thanks guys looks like im going to have to trap them somewhere lol. maybe the spare bedroom, cause i dont want to get 2 crates. : )
    DARKxXxangel

Comment by DARKxXxangel (original poster) at 9:48 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• try reason with them let them kno its bed time my cat understands that and sits by me and watches me sleep... cats are easy to reason with
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 9:21 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• lol i dont think these are gonna listen til i get them fixed. i saw them tryin to do it the other day and i was like uh oh mayb thats y they act so crazy! lol (& they're both males!!)
    DARKxXxangel

Comment by DARKxXxangel (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• they just want ur attention
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:32 AM on Sep. 21, 2010