I Just Wanted To Tell This

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this story, but I was grocery shopping the other day and I had my 16 month ds with me. I had moved away from the cart and was getting something off the shelf. There was room between me and the cart, I try not to block aisle if possible. I turn around from th eshelf to put something in my cart an a woman is pushing my cart. I go up to her and put my hand on th ecart and say" I am sorry I was blocking your path. I didn't see you behind me." Then I took my cart and walked away. I thought this was strange.

Bugbait

Asked by Bugbait at 11:19 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• no its not, like ya said, she was probably just trying to get something your cart was in front of. I wouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly.

You're right, there's always that threat, but its not fair to immediately default to that. You said yourself your cart was blocking some products. She probly would have done the same had the cart been empty, as well.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:21 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• many kids get kidnapped this way... i have one of those sensors that you put on the kid and one on you and if its more than x amount away (you get to set it) an alarm goes off... from where the kid is. and it tells you too. you put this thing on the kids clothes and its water proof and stuff and its hard to quickly remove the pins are inter locked. i rather be safe than sorry. i also dont turn away from the cart i have one hand on it or its to my side never ever behind me.
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 11:49 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• omp, i think she was just trying to get past your cart and, once past, would have put your cart back where she had found it - but you can never be too careful with your children - they are your most precious cargo - i know it's hard to keep your eyes on them 24/7 - but try the best as you can......
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 11:51 AM on Sep. 12, 2010