Have pain in vaginal area what to do? adult content

ever since I got pregnant I've had this pain in my vaginal area that feels like I've pulled a muscle and it seems to only get worse as the baby gets bigger. I can not even walk or lift my leg without pain. What is this and what can I do to get relief?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would call your OB,
    MilkingMomma

Answer by MilkingMomma at 11:26 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I've been dealing with this same thing since I got pregnant... There is nothing you can do. It's caused by either the swelling from the extra blood flow, or the way your baby is laying... All I can say is learn to deal, because besides that, there is nothing you can do...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:33 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I have very similar pain it sounds like. I have spoken to my doctor about it and he said it is normal. Is this your first pregnancy? This is my third and I didn't remember this pain in any of the other ones, so I questioned it, he said that this is a very common complaint during pregnancies, and sometimes the pain hurts worse with each additional pregnancy. You may want to purchase a "belly belt" it is a thick elastic band that wraps around you and goes under your belly to give it more support, that might help with the pain. I am now 37 weeks and have been going through this since week 22 I think. It really hurts as I go up stairs, so if my So is home I have him wrap his arms around me and kind of hold my belly up, this relieves the pressure for the time being. I hope this helps.

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 11:34 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Could be round ligament pain. The round ligament attaches your uterus to your labia majora. You can feel this pain anywhere from your labia to your lower abdomen to the crease of your thigh. This is EXTREMELY common pain, which you can't do a lot about, except for a warm (NOT HOT) bath, and warm compresses. It could also be due to the extra blood flow. A lot of women have a "bruised" sensation in their "girlie parts." These are all normal, but it's always a good idea to mention it to your OB/midwife.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:47 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I hated that. It is normal. I got it alot when I was pregnant. Feels like when you push in your belly button and that sharp pain shoots down there???
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2010