What do you and your hubby/significant other like to do for "date night"?

Skavswife

Asked by Skavswife at 11:28 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• ours is more of a date lunch since the kids are only not home during school hours. If not lunch, then sex...seriously. We gotta take it when we get the chance.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:29 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• It's UBER Rare that we do anything like that. But when we do it's generally just Dinner & a Movie... If there isn't anything good in the Theater we just do dinner...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:30 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• dinner,
    movie,
    boat cuize,
    walk around on a beach or oceans edge (we live in san diego)
    walk to farmers market or car show that happens every week in our area
    what ever we really want

usually the night ends in sex : ) lol

i miss all of this cause hes deployed right now .......
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 11:32 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• rent movies and cuddle up on the couch, like we used to when we were dating
    jess102208

Answer by jess102208 at 11:32 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• We have a 14 yr old son that watches our other 2 so we get a date night in a couple times when Hubby's home on a 2 week break from his job. Anyway, we pick a different Restaurant each time. We like to try different cuisines, the last time was a Greek place. We also like to go for a drive, or see a movie, or shopping, like the mall or something. Or if it's warm we take our jet ski's out , while the kids are in school. Our next one I'm hoping we can do some rock crawling in our Jeep, it's so nice to be out in nature on a beautiful fall day with my Hubby... That will be in about a month or so..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:34 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• We are so lame. If we get an evening out, we always plan dinner and a movie, but it ends up being dinner and Wal-Mart instead. LOL. Good thing it makes both of us happy! It's just so nice to get necessary shopping out of the way without kids in tow, and to take our time. Going to a movie always feels like a waste of 2+ hours (not to mention money) when we so rarely get time without the kids.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:38 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• we never go out unless we have to run errands-then we might go get lunch when the kids are at school or something
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:40 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• We go out every Saturday night and we either get together with friends and go dancing or go to a nice restaurant. Once in a while we'll go to a movie
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:44 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• We don't have a date night. Friday nights Jim plays pool with his buddies and Saturday nights he usually just watches tv. We haven't gone out to dinner and a movie together in over a year. We went to a dance last Summer and he wouldn't dance with me. First it was because no one else was dancing and then it was because he "didn't know any of the songs". Although, I knew most of them. They were music from the 70's and 80's. And once when I was swaying to the music standing against the wall he told me to stop that and sit down. I'm a pretty big girl and I guess it was embarrassing to him.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 6:54 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• DH and I rarely get a night out alone. When we do we like to go see an "adult' movie - as in one that doesn't include cartoon characters or singing monkeys! lol We will usually get dinner and then go see a 2nd run movie at the cheap theaters. That way we can still go see a good flick at the theater without spending half a paycheck on tickets!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:44 AM on Sep. 13, 2010