Any suggestions? I could use some. Please? :)

I have a wisdom tooth that is coming in and it's impacted, and now I think it's infected. I'm trying to avoid going to the ER and I plan on making an appointment for ASAP tomorrow. My ear hurts, my gum is all swollen and achy, and even my face hurts now, I think from infection. I should have gotten it out by now, but I'm a chicken, lol. However, at this point, I don't care...they can cut it right on out, lol. Anyways, any suggestions for the pain? It's my lower left wisdom tooth.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 11:30 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Health

• I had the same thing happen when I was preganant...I called my primary doc and asked if he could give me anything to help the pain. Because it was a weekend he gave me a few pain meds and some antibiotics to get me started but made me promise I would see the dentist as soon as possible....I think i would have agreed to anything at that moment but i did get it taken care of cause nothing was worse than that pain. But your primary doc should understand call the answer service...cry if need be but they should help. But I dont know how much an ER is gonna be able to do other than pain meds and charge a whole lot. GL hope you feel better.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 1:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Orajel and tylenol? I had all my wisdoms out when I was 14 thankfully.
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 11:33 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• A good pain reliever, as in tramadol, or vicodin, and that is to set the pain level off. Nothing will help on the tooth area but numbing gel. Even that will wear off. Teeth are not going to stop rotting or being sensitive. Sensodine does help lessen the nerve areas. Orajel wears off and becomes immune. Aspirin are ok, as long as you're not allergic. Got antibiotics? Penicillin types. get a prescription from the E.R. fast. this does do a great deal of relief clearing up the infection.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Do you have a regular dentist that you can call and get a few pain meds until tomarrow? Generally someone is on call for emergencies. But please watch it carefully. It happened to my ex and his throat started swelling shut from it. If you get any worse I would go to the ER
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 11:56 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I had that problem a year ago and my bff is a pharmacist she set me up with amoxicilon and gave me percoset and ambien from her own stash and it helped alot. Do you know anybody who can spare an Ambien or pain killer or go to the ER and ask for a few days worth. The amoxicilon helps for the infection and ambien helps you sleep no matter what the pain is and any pain killer will work. also you can safely take 4 advil every 6 hours. CAll a pharmacist to find out what they would do usually they have some pretty good ideas when it comes to pain relief
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Don't put it off any longer than you already have, you could have serious complications. On another note, taking meds that are prescribed to someone else, are illegal. The person actually prescribed those meds could go to jail, its a federal crime, involving DEA.
    ladycertz

Answer by ladycertz at 1:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• take liquid tylenol and put it directly on it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:34 PM on Sep. 12, 2010