Family/Stealing

Okay so one day I was getting ready to go somewhere and wanted to take my camera with with me I knew right were it was which was on my bedside. We looked all over the house and even in the kids rooms,we also discovered that my kids nintendo ds lites are all gone,my sons psp gone,a ton of games gone. We assumed that maybe some neighborhood kids took them because sometimes the house isnt locked,or that maybe the kids friends took them while noone was watching. This was noticed a few weeks ago. We had a friend come by and tell us that he thought our niece had taken our things cause he asked us if we were missing anything. We went to gamestop the other night and low and behold my daughters ds lite is their she had her name under the battery tray. The police are looking to see who sold it but will take a week. We know it was her because she was left alone in my house,we thought we could trust her cause she is a mom to and she is 2

MarGeee

Asked by MarGeee at 11:33 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• CONT- I don't know if I should press charges on her cause she is family. I'm just really shocked that she did this right under my nose,and she took my kids things. How would she feel if someone did this to her? What would she have done if we did this? I need thoughts please.
    MarGeee

Comment by MarGeee (original poster) at 11:35 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• if your not gonna press charges, please don't waste the police dept's time and tell them now. They got so many other things to do.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:36 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Also my husband kept talking about our niece taking these things and I just kept giving her the benefit of doubt and said no it has to be kids from our neighborhood. She took $1000 worth of items from our house and we still have to locate the rest of it.
    MarGeee

Comment by MarGeee (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Press charges or she isn't going to learn anything from it, and do it to someone else. I also wouldn't let the little thief back in my house ever again.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:37 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• We want these items back,they have to hold it all for some reason,we wont get anything back for two months unless we want to pay to get it back. The stores are pressing charges cause its theft by deception. I want to know what you would do if this was in your hands?
    MarGeee

Comment by MarGeee (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Thanks again for your responses.
    MarGeee

Comment by MarGeee (original poster) at 11:40 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• press charges no one should steal from u or ur kids i wouldnt care if it was family
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 11:45 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• She is 27 yrs old and has a child so I just worry about her daughter,she is two yrs old. Not only that, she is in trouble with someone else who is pressing charges because he has tons of movies taken from his house and she just walked in and took them,my husband told him that he should press charges he didnt want to but he is going to go ahead and press the charges.
    MarGeee

Comment by MarGeee (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Press charges. You let her get away with it, she thinks she can do whatever she wants.

And for crying out loud, lock your freaking doors!
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:54 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• For your community press charges. My bil took things of ours and pawned them. We did nothing. He went to his moms and stole her debit card and bought a car, yes a car, and went to another state. He got locked up there for driving with a suspended license but not until after he had already stolen another ladies credit card that he didnt know. When he got out he showed up at our house and we put him up for a little bit until his attitude got too bad to put with. After he left we realized he had been stealing from us again. We started the process of pressing charges on him in the time we were working on that he stole his moms debit card again, his dads truck and broke into a neighbors house a few times. You can give someone a break because they are family. If she stole from someone else she could be hurt or killed. Help her learn her lesson an easier way.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:55 AM on Sep. 12, 2010