Am I the only one who thinks 'Ghost Adventures' is faked?

It seems so overly dramatic to me and staged.

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 11:38 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Entertainment

• Honestly, I've talked to Zack, he's always like that, not just when the camera is on... I honestly think THEY honestly think this stuff is happening. But IMO, a large portion of the drama is in their heads... It's like a bunch of tween girls watching a scary movie and then trying to have a sleep over... They are going to see and hear shit whether it's there or not... Really I think that's what's going on more than anything. They are getting all riled up with the stories of what others have seen and dealt with and then put themselves in a spot where they really want something to happen. I'm not going to discredit everything they see or feel because I'm the type of person who can generally see and feel these things before others can, but that doesn't mean everything they are seeing is real - most of it's in their head or from their energy, not Ghosts...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:42 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I dunno, but I do think they jump to paranormal conclusions to fast. They don't really ever try to debunk anything and are too quick to say everything is a ghost or a voice. I never hear what they say they are hearing. Its odd how every mission they go on results in an outstanding success and all these hits. It would very rare and lucky to get anything at all. I don't like the show, either. I'll stick with Ghost Hunters, they seem more honest and willing to say "that isn't paranormal, its the old wiring (or something like that)".
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:41 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i watch this show ritually every Friday night. I love this show but it's more because I think it's funny lol. I watch Ghost Hunters more often like Zoeyis says the are honest and not afraid to say thats not paranormal you're just crazy. Some of the stuff on Ghost Adventures I beliebe is real but the orbs, and EMF detectors and them screaming when stuff gets "thrown" at them...idk about that
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 11:45 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• thats a great way to put it, Sabrina. Caught up in the moment.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:46 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I agree it seems a little over the top. I think the guys are just too hyper and ready for anything to happen. It's like they drink several energy drinks, lock themselves inside a "haunted" building, and jump at their own shadows. Hehe. But it's still entertaining to watch!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:48 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I enjoy just watching the show.. Those guys crack me up & seem like they are having a good time- no matter if its real, fake, in their head or whatever..
    I neither believe or dont believe... its all just good tv for me -- that happens to freak me out & I will usually change the channel if i notice my hubby has fallen asleep! lol.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• That's exactly how I feel! I love TAPS! They say if it is or isn't paranormal and such. They don't run around screaming and such.
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 11:43 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Lol, I love the way you explained it Sabrina! They DO remind you of a bunch of Tween girls watching a scary movie and then hearing and seeing things happen! lol - Too cute!

That's so neat though that you have met Zack!
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I've only seen a couple of episodes, so I can't really say. I watch Ghost Hunters more, though I haven't watched it much in a long time. DH kind of ruined it for me, he definitely believes they are faking it now. Actually Donna who used to be on there said they started faking evidence awhile back because Syfy wanted them to for ratings. I do believe in Jason and Grant's credibility, but it is sad that they had to resort to that for ratings. I'm sure not everything is faked, but you have to wonder what is and what isn't.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 12, 2010