how does someone get over the loss (death) of 4 kids under the age of 2?

i know you cant really get over it, but how do you cope with?
idk which category to put this in

lovinmykids16

Asked by lovinmykids16 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• i dont have a answer for you all i can say is im sorry and i hope you find a answer...if anything one thing i can help you with is if you need someone to talk to im always here!
    momOF2Girls0710

Answer by momOF2Girls0710 at 11:41 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• oh that is horrible!!!! well i know i would have to just sit with their things and let it all out!!! and then pact everything and put it in a closet so i always have them in case i need to hold it every once in a while but dont have the daily reminder they are not there. good luck
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 11:42 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I think everyone is different in how they cope I do not have a good answer for you but im so sorry and good luck :)
    anfisasmommy

Answer by anfisasmommy at 11:43 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• again, you don't..
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:44 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I am very sorry for your losses!!! Grief is a very personal thing so there is no right or wrong way to handle what you are going through. I would suggest getting into some support groups and talking to whomever you can. Right now take it one moment at a time and work to one day at a time.

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 11:46 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i don't think you will really get "over it" - but time will make things better - i would like to recommend a book written by a friend of mine called "The Last Days of Winter" - if you read chapters 7 and 8 first - put the book down for a few days - go back to chapters 7 and 8 - then proceed to read the book from front to back, it will benefit you the most - it is for all ages - i am currently reading it to help me prepare for the coming death of my daddy - the author's name is Jerry Griffin - he's a retired General and MD - his favorite career was putting the young kids back together in Viet Nam - you may order his book on Amazon.com - i am so sorry for your loss - there is no way that a parent should ever have to lose their children - i shall keep you in my heart and in my prayers.....
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I of course do not know what you are going through, but I use to work with Hospice patients and I do know that with a horrific loss such as that one has to have a higher power to help you cope. Most people turn to their church for comfort. A relationship with God helps most. But you are not the same person now and you must keep living and you deserve to be happy in this life.
    connievickvick

Answer by connievickvick at 12:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I am so sorry. I cannot ever imagine what one goes through with such a horrific loss. I think prayer always helps. I will be praying for you and your loss.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 12:11 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I don't know if you can ever get over that. I'm sorry. That's too sad. Having some source of Faith and that may help. Knowing someday when its your time you'll see them again. That's how I find a shimmer of comfort is knowing some day I'll see my lost loves one day.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 12:17 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I can't even imagine that!!! I have to agree with the previous posters, I don't think it ever is something that you "get over" and you seem to know that by your question. Ways of coping I would suggest is joining a support group or just talking as much as you need to to anyone that will listen, not being afraid to just cry it all out whenever necessary or take off of work, start a new hobby to keep yourself busy, if you have no one to talk to write it all out, do something, anything it get it all out and express exactly what your feeling!!!!
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 12:42 PM on Sep. 12, 2010