I'm lop-sided =[

I'm breastfeeding and my daughter favors one breast over the other. I've been trying to nurse her more frequently with my smaller breast, but I'm still significantly lop-sided. Any advice please? I'd deeply appreciate it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I had this problem too, even before my daughter was born I only really leaked from one side. After she was born, I got about twice as much from the left side than the right. I asked my doctor about it and she said that it was pretty common, and unless there were any signs of mastitis or other inflammation/infection, there wasn't anything I could do about it. Have you tried things to help your milk production, like mothers milk tea, apricots, nectarines, etc?
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 5:41 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• try pumping the other
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:23 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Maybe it's the way you are holding her. Instead of cradling her to feed from the other side, try to prop her on a pillow with her body away from you while laying on a bed. It could be she prefers to snuggle on one side more than the other.
    Think about when you snuggle with your husband. Don't you prefer to snuggle on one side more than the other?
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 1:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2008