Do you ever catch yourself looking back to the 90s and still thinking it was only 10 years ago and then catch yourself?

and then you feel....old... like omg where did the time go?

the 90s doesn't feel like 20 yrs ago.... omg

Sometimes I think being a SAHM slows time down for you and the world just seems to pass us by since we're not a part of it as much as we once were when we were working or going to school. I still feel as young and vibrant as I did when I started this SAHM gig over 10 yrs ago but it doesn't feel that long ago at all.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 12:00 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• OMG all the time! I'm only (almost) 21, but it still doesn't seem like it was that long ago. When I start talking about it, especially if I'm talking to people who hardly remember the '90s, I end up feeling old because I'll say something like, "Hey do you remember (insert show/singer/song/movie, etc. here)?" and they'll just look at me like I'm stupid lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:20 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• oooh, and the real kicker for me was hearing Axl Rose's age- he is almost 50.....i was thinking, how is that possible....? I was really into GnR in the early 90s and he looked about 25 then so that means he's only like 35 now ! ouch ! was I ever wrong !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 12:11 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Lol, I wasn't born till 1985 but I STILL think back to the 90's and don't realize it was 20 years ago. I also think about high school and think ow it was just a year or so ago and then it hits me that it has almost been ten years.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:06 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• yeah !!!!!!! I'm in college with people born in the 90s....kills me to hear them say their birthdate...it's like, nooooo, your math must be wrong cuz you guys are like 19 and 20 years old, but 1990 was only 10 years ago ! lol ! thankfully i've never said it out loud to anyone, but i sure think it a lot !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 12:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Yeah, all the time. The worst thing is is when you see young women telling you they were born in the 90's and you think - but you can't have been - they were yesterday!!! It is finding out that films like Toy story have been oout for X number of years and you just think - but I remember it! Another example - 9/11 - I can't believe it was almost a decade ago.
    M2TandM

Answer by M2TandM at 12:18 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Nope but I do often wonder how my kids who were born in the 90's got so huge and are going off to college. LOL
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Yes! I have thought the 90s where 10yrs ago.. IDK why since I was born in '83... LOL...
    But as someone else said 9/11 was 10yrs ago... WOW.. I was in highschool.. I dont feel like ive been out of highschool for more than a few years!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:01 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I got married in 1979. The 90"s were the time 2 of my sons were starting school, beginning to be independent, and then, BAM, son number 3. He is now 15 and in high school. The 90"s are a blur. There was so much happening so fast. My OMG moment is when I realize I have been out of high school 33 years and married 31 years. How can that be? I'm so young!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Whenever I watch like Seinfeld or Home Improvement it seems like just yesterday I watching these things new and I realize...aw man these kids are grown now and Tim Allen's getting older... but it all seems still fairly current to me. It just doesn't feel that long ago to me at all.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2010