Have you or anyone you know been a victim of identity theft?

If so, how did it happen? Does anyone use those identity theft protection services? This scares me, but I am just as scared to put all my info "out there" with those services...

heathermarie32

Asked by heathermarie32 at 5:18 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Money & Work

• If you are concerned that your information will end up stollen get a paypal or prepaid card... My paypal card pulls money out of my bank account BUT I have set the limit to only $200 a day and I am emailed all the purchases. So IF someone were to use it they can only use up to $200 and I would know that day that something was going on... Then I would contact paypal and deal with bathings... I pay EVERYTHING online with THAT card. Plus I get 1% cash back just for spending my own money... It's not much but it helps...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:11 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Sorta... but it was the banks fault not mine... They gave my account number to someone else and we were both using the same account number so when she took all the money out I lost all mine...

I pay all my bills online, have an online business and do most of my big ticket shopping online... I've never had a problem... I only use sites I know are legit and secure!

I don't use any of those services as I just don't see any point in it. Chances are you won't be a victim in the first place if you are careful and only use your info on secure sites... So they are just taking the money you are trying to protect...