What should our next step be?

I apologize that this is so similar to the other mommy's question about a roach-infested fridge, but it really reminded me what I've been meaning to ask.

We moved into this apt 6 months ago, and almost immediately after moving in, our dishwasher stopped working. Long story short: 3 work order requests, 3 visits by maintenance and many promises later, we still have no working dishwasher. We were told a little over a month ago that they would order us a new one, but we have heard nothing since and I highly doubt they followed through.

It's frustrating, but I've gotten used to doing the dishes by hand. The only reason I'm freaking out now is because we opened the broken dishwasher the other day and a big cloud of FRUIT FLIES flew out! The inside of it is moldy and reeks. It is absolutely repulsive, and now the fruit flies have infested our entire kitchen. I am furious that I have to deal with this. What should I/can I do?

aliceryannesmom

Asked by aliceryannesmom at 12:10 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Same thing I told her. File a grievance against the landlord.

Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:13 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Can you take the dishwasher outside? Thta would be the 1st thing I would do take pictures and then file your grievance
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 12, 2010