North Carolina

We live in Utah and my husband has mentioned that he would like to retire their in the south eastern part near the coast of n.carolina. He was thier in the 70's when he went into the army,and says he did spend some time thier and said he loved it a lot. He grew up in framingham massachusettes,and he has family all over the east coast. Whats the enviroment and weather like? Is it expensive living thier? And whats the job market like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The weather is mild except we do get snow. It gets hot and humid in the summer. We have mountains and beaches. The cost of living depends where you move. We have some large cities (relatively speaking) and then some very rural areas. I have lived here my entire life. I love NC. I can't see myself ever living anywhere else. http://www.carolinaliving.com/financial_matters/cost_of_chart.asp
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Oh, jobs...........depends on your skills, and where you live.
    jesse123456

• North Carolina is awesome!! I've lived here all my life and would never move. It's hot in the summer, and I think it's cold in the winter! But it varies depending on what part of the state you live in. The mountains get a lot of snow, the beaches rarely get snow. Cost of living and jobs also vary widely. I live Raleigh and the area I live in has a pretty high COL, but other parts are fairly to very cheap. Jobs around here are fairly good - the unemployment rate for our county and surrounding counties is much lower than the state average. Do you have a specific area of NC you're looking at?

Answer by missanc at 3:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Oh - I will warn you though, having lived here all my life . . . it's changed GREATLY since the 70s!! Raleigh particularly has experienced tremendous growth!

• i absolutely LOVE living in north carolina. the weather is kind of crazy; sometimes the weather can't make up its mind lol. it is very humid here, and the winter isn't too bad. especially if you're from the northwest, you won't think it's very cold. the summer is miserable when it gets into the 90s because of the humidity. (however, i thought it was miserable this summer because i was prego lol)
    aydensXmommy

Answer by aydensXmommy at 6:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2010